Humboldt Folklife Society
We are Humboldt Folklife. We strive to support and celebrate local music and dance through festivals, dances, and workshops.
Let the folk be with you.
That's right, it's the 40th year of Folklife! We keep things moving with 8 days of music in a variety of venues, including several free events. Be sure to check out each day to map out your activity for the week. Check out the Humboldt Folklife Festival page for a full rundown.
All photography provided by Joel Sonenshein, Andrew Geoff, Bob Doran, and Chuck Johnson.
Check out our Radio Show
Following in the footsteps of Don Wolski and the Bayside Hayride! With host Jay Stallman, our radio show explores the wild and wonderful landscape of folk music. Tune in to hear a wide range of traditional and contemporary American roots music, including acoustic blues and jazz; old-time stringband and bluegrass; historical and contemporary folk; world-wide acoustic influences; cajun and zydeco; Western swing, honky tonk, and rockabilly; and old country to alternative country. Check it out.
- Alasdair Fraser's Valley of the Moon Scottish Fiddling Camp
- Bay Area Contra Dance Society
- Eugene Folklore Society
- Folklore Society of Greater Washington Home Page
- FolkMADS - New Mexico Folk Music and Dance Society
- Freight and Salvage - the Berkeley Society for the Preservation of Traditional Music
- Fresno Folklore Society
- Northwest Folklife
- San Francisco Folk Music Club
Other Cool Resources:
Northcoast Art Groups and Calendars
- Mad River Union
- Arcata Mainstreet
- Bayside Grange
- Dell'Arte School of Physical Theater
- Humboldt Arts Council
- Humboldt Light Opera & KidCo
- HSU CenterArts
- HSU Music Department
- HSU Youth Music Academy
- Ink People Center for the Arts
- Lost Coast Outpost - Lowdown
- The Mateel Community Center
- North Coast Journal
- Times Standard
- Westhaven Center for the Arts
Northcoast Instrument Repair, Music Sales, and Lesson: